Currently, the “official” signs along the route are of the following types:
- a metal road sign (type D) used on the sections shared with motor vehicles;
- a small metal sign used on country tracks and paths;
- a yellow aluminium panel with an arrow;
- a red and white sticker with the symbol of a pilgrim in black;
- a red and white painted sign with the symbol of a pilgrim in black.
The signs have been installed along the entire length of the route, certified by the Italian Ministry of Culture, from Pont Saint Martin to Rome.
In the autonomous region of the Aosta Valley you need to follow the yellow pilgrim signs.
In addition to the official signs, you will find several others. The most frequent is a white arrow with a small yellow pilgrim. This route deviates from the official one.